Fleet and Corporate Driver Training.
Employers are now taking their responsibilities seriously for work related road safety.
The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 came into force on the 6th April 2008 where companies / employers if found guilty can be prosecuted under this act as a result of non compliance.
Under health and safety requirements employers are to ensure as reasonably practicable the safety and welfare of their drivers.
WSM Driver and Instructor Training design and deliver bespoke Fleet Driver Road Risk and Driver Behaviour Courses for company vehicle drivers. The aim for those who attend these courses is for them to be aware and understand their own individual driving risk associated with their driving standard with the demands of commercial driving. These courses highlight the benefits of defensive driving, eco driving, vehicle sympathy, along with emphasizing the company and driver responsibilities. This in turn will support the company objectives in meeting current legislation requirements under existing health and safety guidelines, which long term can potentially reduce business running costs and collision rates associated with commercial vehicles.
Our Courses focus on :-
- Driver Attitude and Driver Behaviour.
- Defensive Driving Techniques.
- Commentary Driving.
- Incident Avoidance Scenarios.
- Eco driving.
- Vehicle Sympathy.
- Mobile Phone use and the law associated whilst driving.
- Company responsibilities, liabilities and duty of care.
Benefits for the driver and the employer
- Reduction of collision rates
- Addresses current health and safety requirements
- Addresses the individual driver’s own occupational road risk.
- Enhancing driver concentration, observation and anticipation skills.
- Reduction in vehicle insurance claims.
- Reduction in vehicle fuel and maintenance costs.
- Log of driver training for company records
- Based on the current trends statistics show that 1 in 3 road deaths involves a company vehicle driver, on this basis alone more than 60 employees per month are potentially killed driving for work based on the Government DfT casualty figures.
If you interested in any of our Fleet and Corporate Driving Training Courses, please contact us.
Areas covered include Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Wiltshire, Avon, Somerset, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Hampshire.
© 2017 WSM Driver and Instructor Training